We read a recent study that indicated that 54% of marketers surveyed listed original content the most important online/social media marketing strategy.
Call it a post, or a blog, or an article, or a white paper. Content is king. Always has been, but sometimes we forget that.
Here’s five tips for creating stellar content:
1. Write articles about things your potential clients want to know, not what you want to sell them. No one likes to be sold to. Inform your clients. Make them a fan. They’ll come calling when it’s time to buy.
2. Include images, be less wordy. Let’s face it, it’s a short attention span world these days. Use images to draw them in and then keep each article short, addressing only one issue.
3. Be consistent. Develop a “voice” or tone in your articles. Develop a visually appealing format and then stick to that voice and format, they will become a comforting part of your content. Finding your voice? That can tricky.
4. Update Regularly. Yes, it’s work. Yes, there’s other things you could be doing that will provide more immediate payback. However, a consistently updated blog makes you look more professional, more active, more “expert”, more… everything.
5. Share that content everywhere. Don’t just hide it on the Blog page of your website. Email it to your customers and prospects. Post it to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. Tweet out a link to it. Print it out and leave it lying around in your office. Mail it out. Offer it as an incentive to sign up for your email list.
If you do these five things, you’ll be a content Rock Star, and you will soon be reaping the benefits of inbound marketing.
Don’t know what inbound marketing is? Never even heard of a blog? Don’t have the time to create content? Give us call. We can help.
AgencyEvolved is an outsourced marketing firm, dedicated to insurance agents and brokers. Founded by two insurance industry veterans, our mission is to help insurance agencies evolve by creating long-term growth and value through strategic marketing.
Smart Marketing. Done Right. By People Who Know Insurance.